Thursday 9 June 2011

Thoughts for the Day

I've had a day full of crazy, so I thought I'd just post a couple quotes about writing which I think are cool. And will, perhaps, be food for thought.

Most writers can write books faster than publishers can write checks.
-Richard Curtis

Which is why some of us go indie. No? ;-)

In my experience, the best creative work is never done when one is unhappy.
-Albert Einstein

Word!


Zest. Gusto. How rarely one hears these words used. How rarely do we see people living, or for that matter, creating by them. Yet if I were asked to name the most important items in a writer’s make-up, the things that shape his material and rush him along the road to where he wants to go, I could only warn him to look to his zest, see to his gusto.
-Ray Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment