Friday 10 June 2011

Review: Flashing Fashion

Title: The Case of the Flashing Fashion Queen (A Dix Dodd Mystery)
Author: N.L. Wilson
Genre: Mystery
Format: ebook


A

Description:

Tired of getting no respect at the big P.I. firm where she’s worked for years, Dix Dodd has hung out her own shingle at the ripe age of 40. There are plenty of cheating husbands to go around, and Dix has a knack for busting them. Problem is, it doesn’t always pay so well.

Things start looking up when Dix is hired by millionaire businessman Ned Weatherby’s wife Jennifer, to tail Ned 24/7 for a week, for a cool ten grand. Easy-peasy, right? Wrong! The job lands Dix in the middle of a murder investigation – with her as the prime suspect and her arch-enemy Detective Richard Head (a.k.a., Dickhead) gunning for her. Dix will need all her ingenuity, as well as the help of her oddball cast of supporters to extricate herself from this one.


This book was actually referred to me by one of my favorite authors, Joss Ware (aka Colleen Gleason). She tweeted at me. Which was cool. So I thought I'd check it out. I wasn't disappointed.

I found The Case of the Flashing Fashion Queen to be a really fun, fast read. Quite a few times I was laughing out loud. On the tube. Which earned me plenty of funny looks. Fortunately I'm used to it.

Dix is smart, funny, sassy, and sexy (when she hasn't been living out of her car for a week while on a stakeout). Really looking forward to the next in the series. If you like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, you'll love Dix Dodd.

I'll be doing an interview with the author, Norah Wilson, tomorrow. Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment