Tuesday 21 June 2011

Get Your Party On!

It's finally here!



It's party time, people! And this dude is here to make sure you have a good time:



So get your party hats on:



Some music to set the mood:


Have a drinkie:


There's more than enough Devil's Food Cake to go around. Help yourself!



I first met James Rollins five years ago.

Okay, not literally. I wish (Fan girl SQUEE!)

I'd just moved to the UK and had hit the local library desperate for something to read. I'd recently discovered thrillers, thanks to Dan Brown, and I wanted something similar. Something with lots of action and excitement, a mystery, some history, maybe a little science.

I got all that and a bag of chips.

For there, on the library shelf was a book called Sandstorm by this Rollins guy. Explosions, lost cities, clandestine organizations, mysticism, legend, and quite possibly the end of the world. What's not to like?

Let me tell you, I was hooked. I've bought and read every single James Rollins book since. (Okay, I might have checked out one or two from the library, but I bought most of them.) I've also been stalking him for quite some time on Facebook and Twitter, but we won't talk about that.... Ahem.

Why do I love Rollins's books so very much? Uh....

I'm rubbish at the whole dissection of writing thing, but it boils down to this:
  • Characters I care about.
  • Fast paced action that never sacrifices plot.
  • Really cool and obscure history and science which some baddie is trying to use for nefarious purposes.
  • Twists and turns I never see coming.
And now the devilish man is taunting me with yet another delicious installment in his SIGMA Force series:





James Rollins talks devilish secrets:


The Devil Colony is available TODAY in the USA. In the UK, Amazon will let you pre-order the hardback. No ebook available yet in the UK, but let's hope it comes out soon. I'm running out of room on my Rollins shelf...


The party doesn't stop here, people. Join in the fun on Twitter at #DevilColony all day where James Rollins may just pop by to say hello.

The party continues:
  1. James Rollins Parties with Taco Sea Nags! « EduClaytion
  2. Devilish Fun…A Worldwide Book Launch Party! | Writers In The Storm Blog
  3. Friday Devil’s Playground: The Key To “Man-Speak” and a Devilish Party | Jenny Hansen's Blog
  4. The Devil’s Treasures – James Rollins « Gene Lempp's Blog
  5. Dance With The Devil In The Pale Moonlight or It’s A Party and You’re Invited! | Shéa MacLeod – Author
  6. Swooning, Devil Author, Twitter Parties, and James Rollins | Leanne Shirtliffe ~ Ironic Mom
  7. Do You Have A Devilish Soundtrack For Your Launch Party? | Jenny Hansen's Blog
  8. Swooning, the Devil, and Twitter (Cross-post) | Wordbitches
  9. Tuesday Plans | Amanda Bozeman
  10. What Star Trek Can Teach Us About Great Writing « Kristen Lamb's Blog
  11. Silver Screen Wishes and Movie Theater Dreams | Sonia G Medeiros
  12. The Devil’s Playground: Unleashing Our Devilry Throughout the Blogosphere | Jenny Hansen's Blog
  13. Worldwide Twitter Book Launch! | Bridgette Booth

No comments:

Post a Comment