Friday 10 June 2011

Review: Zombie Goo

Title: I Zombie I
Author: Jack Wallen
Genre: ZOMBIES
Format: ebook
(also available in pbook)

A-

In a moment of pure chaos, the majority of the Earth's population has become the walking dead. One man promises to help bring the truth to light.

Strangely enough, I bought this book as an ebook before I even had a Kindle (Though it is available in paperback on Amazon's US site.). It just looked that good.

I really, truly enjoyed this book. Particle physics, a crazy scientist with a doomsday machine, zombies roami
ng the streets of Munich hungry for brains. What's not to like?

Plus I love the humor and the 80s music references. What can I say? I'm old school like that.

I thou
ght the story had a unique twist to the telling, as well. It sucked me right into the middle of the zombie apocalypse and I could hardly put it down. The book, that is. Not the apocalypse.

There were some formatting issues while reading on my Kindle (I've spoken to Jack and he's going to fix the issues. Update: It's an issue with the Kindle, not the book.), but that wasn't enough to put me off. There were also a couple of plot points that seemed to be unfinished, but I'm assuming
that's because this is the first of a trilogy, so I look forward to seeing them answered.

All in all I consider this a great read and highly recommend it to all zombie lovers. Or lovers of zombie stories. I'm very much looking forward to the next in the series. (Write faster, Jack.)

You can check out Jack's website here.

You can buy I Zombie I at these fine online retailers:

Amazon UK

Amazon USA
Amazon Germany
Smashwords



2 comments:

  1. Oooh! This is on my TBR list. Glad to hear it's good. :) I love a good zombie story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coral, if you like zombies and tales of the apocalypse, you will definitely enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete