Tuesday 27 April 2010

The Big Day

Today's the day!

After days of going through the manuscript with a fine tooth comb, I'm finally ready to send queries out to agents. Go me!

I've sent out five query letters so far today and have five more I want to send this week. Have to write a synopsis for those first. That ought to be interesting.

I think it was Yasmine Galenorn who recently said writing is only a small part of an author's actual work. Man, was she dead on with that one! Creating the book in the first place is almost easy compared to the re-writes, re-writes and more re-writes. Not to mention copy editing, proof reading, writing query letters and everything else that comes with it. And don't even get me started on that horrible yet exciting feeling in the pit of your stomach when you finally send out those query letters...

And that, my friends, is only the beginning.

The query letters may be out in the ether waiting for a miracle, but the work is only just beginning. While I wait to see where the Universe takes me next on this brilliant journey, I put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) for Bailey's next great adventure.

For now, though, I think my brain needs a break! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment